"Swan Creek at Dawn" oil - 16 x 20 SOLD

Friday, October 14, 2011

Becky


Becky - oil  6 x 6

This is one of the gals from BYC, wearing a derby on the day of the Kentucky Derby. It's taken a while to finish this because I just haven't been satisfied with it. Also, I have been busy with vacations, art shows and mowing (as a result of record breaking rain falls) therefore posting weekly on my blog was put on hold. Now, I am back!  I will be posting my progress on some of the larger paintings I will be working on, for wedding gifts, The Frederick Holiday Poster Competition, and commissioned paintings for Christmas presents.  This month some of my paintings were sold at a wonderful art show called Art at the Mill, in Virginia. The Mill will be having another show in the spring that I would like enter with new paintings. In addition to all these commitments, I said I would post a new painting every week, but now I am way behind.  I counted about 40 daily paintings I have done so far. That makes 16 more paintings I'll need to do before years end. Wow!

No comments: