"Swan Creek at Dawn" oil - 16 x 20 SOLD

Monday, April 11, 2011

Something Borrowed


Something Borrowed   oil - 24 x 18 

Almost two years ago Kate and Tim were married. I offered to do a painting, of their choosing, for a wedding gift. After much debate on what photograph I should use, I started painting about six months ago and finished it today. Finally. This was very tedious to paint. I had to number the buttons so I would know which one I was working on and count from the bottom up or from the top down. Each time I looked away to load my brush with more paint, I would lose my place and have to count all over again. I think I could have painted another six months and not have the buttons exactly perfect but am pleased with the finished results. Although this is not a "daily" painting, I thought you would enjoy seeing it.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, it is beautiful. It really looks like it took months to paint. Virginia would be so pleased. Gorgeous.

Kate said...

Oh my gooodness! It is absolutly gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see the REAL one..... and yes I did enjoy seeing it.

I love how you posted it on our anni.....
You rock Aunt Pam.